- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Turkey Dressing Recipe
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, diced (Unpeeled)|
|Unpeeled eggplant||1 Medium, diced|
|Onions||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Red apples||2 Large, cored and diced|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1094 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.5%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 214.8 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.7%
Dietary Fiber 44.4 g177.4%
Sugars 70.2 g
Protein 42 g83.7%
Vitamin A 129.1% Vitamin C 253.5%
Calcium 70.6% Iron 103.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) On a cookie sheet, place the almonds.
3) Heat in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the almonds turn golden brown. Do not burn them. Keep aside, after cooking.
4) In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, marjoram, sage and thyme. Mix well.
5) To this mixture, add all other ingredients except the heated almonds, Mix again, thoroughly.
6) In a casserole, place this mixture and bake in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
7) You can combine the toasted almonds with the dressing just before serving. You can also sprinkle the almonds on top of each serving.