- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Spaghetti Recipe
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Marinara sauce||6 Cup (96 tbs), heated|
|Marinara sauce||6 Cup (96 tbs), heated to serving temperature|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted (Low Sodium)|
|Low sodium bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.8 mg
Sodium 371.5 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.8%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.76%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan or soup kettle, bring the water to a boil.
2) To this, add the garlic powder, lemon juice and olive oil. Boil for 5 minutes.
3) Gradually, add the spaghetti.
4) Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente (or firm to bite and not too soft).
5) Drain well.
6) With the Marinara sauce, toss well.
7) In a small bowl, combine the cheese and toasted bread crumbs.
8) Over each serving, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of this mixture.
9) Transfer to a serving platter and serve fresh.