- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Sausage Links Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Collard greens||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (cold)|
|Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Warm)|
Calories 557 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg
Sodium 213.6 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.4%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 20 g39.4%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 45.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Coat a baking sheet with butter.
2) In skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and sautÃ© the onions for 5 minutes.
3) Add the collard greens, cheese and garlic, sautÃ© for 3 minutes or until the greens wilt,
4) In a large bowl combine the rice, beans, egg substitute, thyme, oregano and sage.
5) Stir the rice mixture in the onion mixture.
6) Remove the mixture in a food processor.
7) Process for about 6 seconds or until a course mixture is formed but not pureed,
8) Divide into eight equal parts.
9) Form each part into a sausage shape and roll in the breadcrumbs.
10) Place the sausages on the sheet and brush with the remaining oil.
11) Broil until golden browned on all sides, about 5 or 6 minutes.
12) Serve with the tomato sauce.