- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Loaf Recipe
|Peanut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned chickpeas||3⁄4 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Frozen egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cumin||1 Dash, ground|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), seasoned and dried (1/3 Cup And 2 Teaspoons)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg
Sodium 414.4 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 247.9% Vitamin C 107.5%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 375°F.
2) Take a nonstick skillet of 9-inches heat the oil.
3) Add the celery, mushrooms, peppers, carrots, onions and garlic together into it.
4) Set flame to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until the bell peppers become soft. Allow it to cool by setting it aside.
5) Take a large mixing bowl and mash the chick peas with the help of a fork.
6) Add the egg substitute, bread crumbs, vegetable mixture, cumin and parsley to the bowl and combine thoroughly by stirring.
7) Take a loaf pan, 9 X 5 inches in dimension and spread some nonstick cooking spray on it.
8) Place the vegetable mixture into the pan firmly.
9) Place it in a pre-heated oven allowing it to bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges separate from the pan.
10) Allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
11) Serve after inverting the loaf onto a serving dish.