- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Keema With Peas Recipe
|Soy granules||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Tomato||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||2 , slit lengthwise (to taste)|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 275.9 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 45.4%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the soya granules in water for 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the water. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil on medium heat. Put the onions and saute till it turns light brown. Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Continue to saute till the raw smell disappears and it turns fragrant.
3. Season with red chilli powder, turmeric powder and black pepper. Stir well. Put in the tomatoes, sprinkle salt to taste and saute well. Reduce the heat to low and cook till the tomatoes turn soft.
4. Add the peas and pour 1/4 cup water. Stir well, cover and cook for around 10 minutes or till peas are cooked. Stir occasionally. Put in the soaked soya granules and continue to cook till all are combined and cooked.
5. Sprinkle garam masala and coriander leaves. Stir well to mix and cook till heated through. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the soy curry hot with rotis or with steaming hot rice and dal.