- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Keema Tofu Recipe Video
|Tofu||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), frozen, thawed and cooked|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 1642.4 mg68.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 60.3% Vitamin C 20.8%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a nonstick pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, turmeric, onions, ginger paste, garlic paste and shredded carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add and crumble tofu into the pan and mix
3. Mix in red chili powder, garam masala, salt to taste and tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
4. Cook with cover until tomatoes are smooth to the consistency of gravy and then mix in butter.
5. Serve with Indian breads like roti or paratha or rice.