- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quinoa and Vegetable Salad Recipe Video
|Quinoa grains||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Drop|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Grape and cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Artichoke hearts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Rinsed in water)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Kalamata olives||10 Small, sliced (Rinsed)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced (with 1 teaspoon of zest)|
|Avocado oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg
Sodium 215.3 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.2%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the Quinoa in running water to avoid the bitter taste.
2. Take a pan sprayed with a bit of olive and toast the quinoa for a few minutes on a high heat to give it a nuttier taste (optional)
3. Add 2 cups of water to the quinoa and let it begin to boil. Then cover it and reduce the heat to simmer. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
1. Take a bowl and add the cucumbers, grape and cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, lemon zest, Kalamata olives, pine nuts (toasting the pine nuts is optional), and fresh basil. Also add lemon juice squeezed from a 1/2 lemon.
2. Take the cooked quinoa, fluff it slightly with a fork so that the grains do not stick to each other. Add it to the salad and combine.
3. Finally drizzle avocado oil on top and sprinkle some crushed pepper and combine well.
4. Chill the salad for a couple of hours before serving.