- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetables Tajine Berber Style Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||2 , slice|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Potatoes||3 Medium, peeled, cubed|
|Turnip||1 Large, peeled, cut in to half|
|Carrots||3 , peeled, cut in half|
|Zucchini||2 , peeled, cut in half|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|For the spices|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 578.7 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.6%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 176.7% Vitamin C 145.3%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan on medium heat drizzle the olive oil, add the onions and let them cook for 10 minutes.
2. Put potatoes and turnip. Cook for a few minutes then add carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, and green peas.
3. In a cup of water mix all the spices rosemary, turmeric, chili pepper, ginger, salt, and pepper. Add the crushed garlic and mix well. Pour this mixture over the vegetables.
4. Cover the tajine/ pot and let the vegetables cook for around 2 hours. From time to time, pour some of the sauce over the vegetables on the top (Baste the vegetables). Check if vegetables are cooked by poking with a fork.
5. When the vegetables are done, remove the lid of the tajine/pan, and let the sauce thicken for the 15 minutes. Turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve this vegetable tajine with bread.
If you are using a Tajine to cook this dish make sure that you set the heat on low. However, if you are using a normal cooking pot, you can set the heat to medium.