- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetables In Foil Recipe
|Eggplant slices||2 (Use Thick Slices)|
|Tomato slices||2 (Firm)|
|Thick tomato slices||2 (Use Firm Variety)|
|Thin onion slice||2|
|Thin onion slices||2|
|Zucchini slices||2 (Use Thick Slices)|
|Mushrooms||2 Small, halved|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 446.1 mg18.6%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 29.5 g118.1%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 149.3%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place eggplant slices in a colander and sprinkle generously with salt. Toss well.
2. Let stand for about 30 minutes.
3. Rinse eggplant slices and dry thoroughly by pressing between several layers of paper towels.
4. Fold a large piece of foil into double layer to make a 12 inch square.
5. On the foil square, arrange eggplant slices in the center
6. Pile on top of each slice, tomato, onion and zucchini slices.
7. Top the pile with mushroom halves.
8. Sprinkle seasonings and herbs over the vegetables
9. Drizzle olive oil and dollop with butter.
10. Make a tightly sealed foil parcel and keep aside until ready to cook.
11. Heat a coal grill.
12. Place vegetable parcel on hot grill and cook for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
13. Place the parcel on serving plate
14. Unwrap and crumple the foil at the edges to keep the vegetables hot.
15. Serve immediately.