- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetables Amandine Recipe
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen italian green beans||27 Ounce (Use 3 Packages, 9 Ounces Each)|
|Canned whole carrots||3 Pound (3 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 195.5 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 398.6% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small frying pan, gently heat the almonds shaking until the almonds are toasted, then turn off the heat.
2) In a large saucepan, cook the green beans as per the package directions, drain and keep warm.
3) In another large saucepan, heat the carrots in their liquid, drain and keep warm.
4) In a medium-size frying pan, melt the butter or margarine over a medium heat, shake frequently and heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until butter is foamy and golden-brown.
5) Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6) In each of the 2 warm serving bowls, spoon 1/2 the beans and carrots seperately.
7) Drizzle half the butter mixture over each and sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
8) Serve immediately.