- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Stew Recipe
|Carrots||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole-wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, for garnish|
Calories 510 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 123.9 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 65.8% Vitamin C 154.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the vegetables and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. In a pot of boiling water, add chopped vegetables and salt; simmer for about 20 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
3. In a pan, heat oil and add sauté pepper.
4. Stir in peanut butter and add to the stew for thickening.
5. Stir in parsley just before the stew is done.
6. Ladle soup into soup bowls and serve with bread sticks.