- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mix Vegetable Broth Recipe Video
|Chicken broth/Meat broth||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Onions||2 , diced|
|Carrots||6 , diced|
|Artichoke||3 , diced|
|Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 123 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.48 g0.74%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 476 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.1%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 320.9% Vitamin C 42.4%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the broth.
2. Into the broth add the carrots and fresh, frozen or canned artichoke hearts or bottoms and cook.
3. When all the vegetables are cooked, split into halves.
4. Blend ½ of the soup in the blender to a fine finish, adding fresh, frozen or canned spinach.
5. Add the blended half of the soup with the chunky half and mix well, cook for another five minutes.
6. Pour in a serving dish and serve hot.
7. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and garnish with chopped parsley.
You may buy the broth in cans, use cubes or make your own by boiling chicken or meat with the bones in, adding onions, spices such as cardamom and adding aromatic herbs such as bay leaf. This will improve the taste of the broth and make it tasty.