- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Red Lentil Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Egg plant/Brinjal||1 Medium|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter beans/1 tin baked beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Garlic/5 gms garlic salt||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Pepper white||To Taste|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Gram flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Mixed With 1 Teaspoon Of Bistro)|
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 106.9 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76.1%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 21 g42.1%
Vitamin A 106.5% Vitamin C 45.5%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop mushrooms and eggplant.
2. In a large pan, sauté onions and carrot until browned.
3. Add water and all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and let simmer for 45-60 minutes until everything is cooked.
5. Stir in flour mixture just before serving.
Serve soup in bowls and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.