- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Vegetable Pie Recipe
|Vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheese sauce||1 Pint|
|Potato||2 Pound, cooked sieved|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushrooms/Tomato||3 , cooked for garnish|
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56.1%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.5%
Trans Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 1329.1 mg55.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 90.9% Vitamin C 87.9%
Calcium 40.6% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook vegetables just until tender.
3. Cut into small pieces.
4. Prepare cheese sauce following directions on the package.
5. Mash the cooked potatoes; add butter, milk and seasonings and mix well.
6. In a pie dish, place chopped vegetables and spread potato mixture on top.
7. Sprinkle cheese on top.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until top is brown.
9. Garnish the edge of pie with cooked mushrooms or fried tomatoes.
10. Serve hot.