- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Pie Recipe
|Sweet potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|String beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast extract gravy/Soup powder||To Taste|
|Mustard crumb topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 609 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 114.4% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and cut potato into rings.
3. Cut carrot in oval.
4. Thinly slice onion.
5. Slice beans.
6. In a saucepan of boiling water; cook carrot, potato and beans for 10 minutes until they are all cooked; drain and reserve cooking liquid.
7. In a pan, sauté onion in oil until crisp.
8. Using the cooking water, make a yeast extract gravy or mix soup powder with water.
9. Stir in seasoning, herbs and sautéed onion.
10. Add to the cooked vegetable.
11. Into a greased pie dish, transfer the mixture and cover top with mustard crumbs.
12. Add grated cheese and bread in between and bake for about 20-25 minutes until top is brown.
13. Serve vegetable pie alongside a meat dish.
Add more gravy or soup from the sides if the pie is very dry.
A small tablespoon of brewers yeast may be added to the gravy for extra nutritional value.