- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Casserole Recipe
|Peas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Carrot||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green beans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.4 mg
Sodium 752 mg31.3%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 13 g26.8%
Vitamin A 180.2% Vitamin C 48.5%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a greased casserole, arrange peas, beans and celery in layers.
3. Sprinkle each layer with chopped onions, pepper and salt before spreading the next layer of vegetables.
4. Pour white sauce on top.
5. Sprinkle top with crumbs and paprika.
6. Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes until top is browned.
7. Serve vegetable casserole while it’s still hot.
Canned or freshly cooked vegetables can be used.
For parties, use 1 can cream of mushroom soup diluted with ½ cup milk instead of white sauce.
Top with lightly sautéed mushrooms and bake.