- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Turkey Skillet Recipe
|Turkey wings||3 Pound (4 Wings, 3/4 Pound Each)|
|Salad oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Fresh tarragon/1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon leaves, crushed||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cut into chunks|
Calories 819 Calories from Fat 470
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.6%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 254.2 mg
Sodium 306.3 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 72 g144.1%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 61.5%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 33.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut each turkey wing into 2 at joint using a sharp cleaver or pair of kitchen scissors.
2. Wash thoroughly and dry on paper toweling.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter and heat with oil.
4. Add the turkey wings and brown evenly in the fat. Remove onto a plate and set aside.
5. To the drippings add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened.
6. Tip in tomatoes, parsley and tarragon and bring to a boil, stirring.
7. Return turkey wings to into sauce and season with salt and pepper according to preference.
8. Reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer wings for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until they are fork-tender.
9. Uncover and add zucchini. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until zucchini is tender.
10. Serve wings immediately by themselves or over hot steamed rice or noodles.