- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tofu||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (Soybean Curd)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Chinese pea pods||1 Cup (16 tbs), stem ends and strings removed|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 647 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3126 mg130.3%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 34 g68.4%
Vitamin A 443.1% Vitamin C 67.8%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 34.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the sherry and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir well to dissolve.
2) Add the sugar, salt, soy sauce and ginger root. Stir well and set aside.
3) Heat the oil in a wok or 12-inch non-stick skillet.
4) Add the tofu and cook, quickly stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Take the tofu out of the skillet and set aside.
6) To the skillets, add the carrots, Stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
7) Add all the remaining vegetables and continue to stir fry till the vegetables are soft-crisp. This takes about 4 to 5 addition minutes of cooking.
8) Add the sherry mixture and stir well. Continue to cook and stir till the mixture has thickened.
9) Put the tofu back in the skillet and cook till the tofu has thoroughly heated (2 to 3 minutes).
10) Serve hot.