- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Tofu Curry Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon (Use Made Or Purchased)|
|String beans||8 Ounce|
|Cauliflower||1 Small, broken into flowerets|
|Broccoli||1 Pound, trimmed and broken into flowerets (1 Bunch)|
|Carrots||3 , peeled|
|Zucchini||2 , scrubbed|
|Tofu block||22 , drained, cut into 1-inch squares|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1350 Calories from Fat 607
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.4%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.5 mg
Sodium 494.5 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.6%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.1%
Sugars 39.1 g
Protein 102 g203.5%
Vitamin A 177.7% Vitamin C 316.5%
Calcium 80.8% Iron 108.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and then process garlic and onion into 1-inch pieces, pulsing on/off until finely minced.
2) Remove them to a bowl and then attach slicing blade to the work bowl.
3) Slice carrots to fit feed tube vertically and then remove from bowl.
4) Slice zucchini to fit feed tube vertically and remove from bowl.
5) Slice broccoli stalks into feed tube vertically.
6) Further slice string beans into 1-2-inch lengths.
7) Take a 5- or 6-quart dutch oven and heat butter and oil in it over medium to medium-high heat.
8) Stir in garlic and onions and sautÃ© them for 3-4 minutes until clear but not brown.
9) Mix in curry powder and then lower heat to steam each vegetable separately to maintain individual textures.
10) Cook the vegetables until tender-crisp, ensuring not to overcook.
11) Mix in tofu, salt, brown sugar and yogurt.
12) Stir gently and then simmer the mixture, covered for about 10 minutes.
13) Serve hot.