- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Tempura Recipe Video
|Tempura batter mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ice cubes||5 (4-5)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 459 Calories from Fat 340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 50.9 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 82.6% Vitamin C 12.6%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice egg plant, potato, and kabocha in an angle as shown in the video.
2. Trim, and discard mushroom stem. Put mushroom top in a bowl and set aside.
3. Put ice cubes in water.
4. In a ceramic bowl, pour ice cold water, and drop tempura batter mix in it. Mix for 2 minutes or until smooth .
5. In a frying pan, heat oil. Turn the oven to medium high. Throw little batter and check if the oil is well heated.
6. Coat vegetables with batter, and drop it in oil one by one starting from mushroom, eggplant, kabocha, and then sweet potato. Do not over crowd the pan. Flip and cook until done.
7. Remove vegetables from pan, and place them on a serving platter.
8. Serve vegetable tempura with spicy sauce.
While frying if the temperature of the oil falls, then turn the oven to high for sometimes and then back again to medium high when well heated.
Super cold batter will make your vegetable tempura tasty, so you can place batter bowl into a large bowl full of ice.
Insert chopstick and check if the vegetables are done.