- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Spring Rolls Recipe Video
|Spring roll pastry||8|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the spice mixture|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the spring roll filling|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice noodles||150 Gram|
|Assorted vegetables||500 Gram, cut lengthwise (Beans sprouts, green onions, yellow onions, cabbage, carrots and bell peppers used)|
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 231.3 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 63.6% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a pot of hot water and put the strings of rice noodles into it for 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
To prepare the spice mixture:
2. Take a small bowl and add soy sauce, minced ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, crushed red pepper flakes and salt. Combine everything well and set aside.
3. Take a wok, heat it with a tablespoon of olive oil and add the spice mixture, and the green onions and yellow onions. Stir well and let the onions cook a little bit on a medium high heat.
4. Add the rice noodles, bean sprouts and all the other vegetables and saute them. Do not over cook the vegetables.
5. Meanwhile in a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour with water and put it in the microwave for about 10 - 15 minutes to form a smooth paste.
6. Take each pastry sheet, spoon a little of the prepared vegetable filling on to the pastry sheet near a pointed edge. Start rolling from that edge inwards, when you reach halfway, fold the sides inwards to tuck them in and continue rolling. Finish rolling by sealing the end with the prepared flour paste.
7. In a wok, heat oil for deep frying and fry the spring rolls till golden brown in color. Drain on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
8. Serve with any sauce or dip of your choice.