- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Soup With Green Noodles Recipe
|Rutabaga||1 Medium, diced for 4 cups|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped for 2 cups|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced for 1 cup|
|Carrots||2 Medium, sliced for 1 cup|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 can)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green noodles||20 Ounce (2 packages, 10-ounce each)|
Calories 812 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 149.3 mg
Sodium 1704.5 mg71%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.4%
Dietary Fiber 14 g55.8%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 138.3% Vitamin C 140.6%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan mix together the rutabaga, onions, celery, carrots, green pepper, garlic, and butter or margarine.
2. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or till onion is tender but not brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in the water, un-drained tomatoes, parsley, salt, sugar, dried dill weed, and pepper.; bring it to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 40 minutes.
5. Stir in Green Noodles; cook, uncovered, for almost 12 minutes or till noodles are tender.
6. Arrange the noodle soup into four individual soup bowl, make sure the noodles is well divided among the bowls.
7. Serve immediately.