- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Side Dishes Julia Child's Puree Of Parsnips Recipe
|Parsnips||2 Pound, peeled|
|Parsnips||2 Pound, peeled and sliced about 1/2 inch thick|
|Heavy cream||5 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.9 mg
Sodium 343.5 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.8%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 2 g4.3%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add parsnips with salt and water to cover them.
2) Boil the parsnips and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes till tender and water has evaporated.
3) Using a food mill fitted or food processor, puree the mixture.
4) Transfer the content into a saucepan.
5) Gently beat cream and butter. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
6) Place pan over another large pan containing simmering water. Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more.
7) Serve hot.