- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Samosas Recipe
|Refined flour||115 Gram|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm)|
|Pomegranate seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 902 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.8 mg
Sodium 473.1 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49.4%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 231% Vitamin C 184.5%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 45.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add enough water to make a soft dough. Knead well and set aside covered for at least half an hour.
3. Dice potatoes and carrot. Shell peas.
4. Peel and chop fine, onions, garlic, ginger. Chop chillies and coriander.
5. Heat about 30 ml. oil. Put in chopped ingredients. Saute without discolouration.
6. Add diced vegetables and enough water to cook vegetables dry. Add salt.
7. When vegetables are cooked and moisture has evaporated add pomegranate seeds and garam masala powder. Mix well and remove.
8. Knead dough. Divide into small portions. Roll out into rounds about 7.5 cm. (3") in diameter.
9. Cut down the centre. Make a cone of each piece. Put in prepared filling. Seal the edges with water.
10. Fry in deep fat till light brown.