- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Salad Recipe
|Green beans||10 Ounce, washed|
|Celery stalks||3 , washed|
|Cauliflower head||1⁄2 Small, break into bite size florets|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Vinaigrette dressing||34 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce head||1 Medium, leaves cleaned, torn into pieces|
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 887.3 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g23%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 261.5% Vitamin C 81.9%
Calcium 7% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Top and tail the beans, and cut them diagonally.
2) Peel and slice the carrots and cut them diagonally. Put the carrots in cold water.
3) Peel the celery off any tough fibers, cut it diagonally.
4) Put the cauliflower in the water along with carrots.
5) Wipe the mushrooms with a clean damp cloth and slice them very thin.
6) In a serving plate, arrange the lettuce.
7) In a saucepan, bring water and salt to boil, enough to cover the vegetable.
8) Add carrots and celery and cook for 4 minutes.
9) Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
10) Add the green beans to the same water, bring to boil and drain immediately.
11) In a bowl, combine all the vegetables with the mushroom and parsley
12) Toss well with vinaigrette dressing.
13) Season with salt and pepper if required.
14) Pile the salad in the lettuce.