- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Salad Recipe
|Cabbage head||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Coarse salt/Kosher salt||3 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, sliced across to form thin circles|
|Green peppers||1 , diced in 1/4 inch cubes|
|Cucumbers||2 , thinly sliced|
|Radishes||1 Bunch (100 gm), thinly sliced|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2530.7 mg105.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 139.6% Vitamin C 95.7%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thinly slice the cabbage.
2) In a bowl, place the cabbage and season with coarse salt.
3) Add remaining ingredients and stir.
4) Allow standing for about 15 minutes.
5) Pour in oil and vinegar and sprinkle sugar, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
6) Combine all together.
7) Cover with a lid to place inside refrigerator.
8) Serve with any meal as chilled.
Store this salad in refrigerator for several weeks.