- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Salad Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned french green beans||16 Ounce, cooked (1 Can)|
|Canned white kernel corn||16 Ounce, cooked (1 Can)|
|Canned peas||8 Ounce, cooked (1 Can, Small Peas)|
|Canned pimientos||2 Ounce, cooked (1 Jar)|
|Green onion||1 1⁄2 Bunch (150 gm), finely chopped (Small Bunches, Tops Included)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 237 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 383.9 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, mix together sugar, oil, black pepper, salt, and white vinegar.
2) Heat the oil mixture to boil.
3) Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
4) In a colander, place together green beans, corn, peas, and pimientos, and allow to drain well.
5) In a bowl place the corn mixture and mix in the green onions, celery, and bell pepper.
6) Stream the cooled oil mixture and mix well.
7) Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
8) Pile the vegetable salad on the serving plate and serve.