- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Rice Salad Recipe
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan salad dressing mix||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned green beans||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Tomato||1 Large, cut into 6 wedges|
|Hard cooked egg||1 , shelled and sieved|
Calories 337 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.99 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.2 mg
Sodium 714.6 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil rice into salted water until tender, following instructions on packet.
2. While rice cooks, prepare the Parmesan salad dressing with vegetable oil and vinegar, according to packet directions.
3. In a saucepan, re-heat beans and drain.
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss together warm rice, beans and 1/2 cup salad dressing.
5. Serve the salad in a bowl, decorated with tomato wedges around the edges.
6. Garnish with sieved hard-cooked egg in the center and sprinkle with paprika.