- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Rice Pilaf Recipe Video
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced, steamed|
|Sweet peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), steamed|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 581 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.9%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 124.7 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 109.9% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil and sauté the vegetables for 2 minutes.
2. Pour water and add turmeric, ginger and salt. Stir and bring it to boil.
3. Add the rice, stir and bring it back to boil. Cover and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and allow it to sit for another 10 minutes.
5. In a serving plate, serve the pilaf with yogurt or any stew of choice.