- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Rice Pilaf Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), divided|
|Carrot||2 Small, finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Zucchini||1 Small, cubed|
|Bell pepper||1 , cubed|
|Garlic head||1 , divide into cloves, unpeeled|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cayenne peper||To Taste|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 974 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.2%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 57.4 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 142 g47.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 180.2% Vitamin C 155.5%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a deep frying pan on medium heat, pour olive oil, add onion, carrot, and garlic cloves in it. Stir and saute for 3 minutes or until lightly brown.
2. Sprinkle cayenne, oil, black pepper, cinnamon, coriander, and cumin in a side of pan. Mix spices, and then stir them together.
3. Throw bell pepper and zucchini. Cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Drop rice and mix it well.
5. Pour water and bring it to boil.
6. Cover it with lid, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Remove pan from heat ,and let it rest covered for 10-20minutes or until liquid is fully absorbed by rice.
8. Fluff rice with fork, and serve hot with grilled chicken.