- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Quiche Italiano Recipe
|Readymade pie crust||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Olive oil/Oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 16 Ounce Package)|
|Frozen corn broccoli bounty||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 16 Ounce Package)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Thinly sliced pepperoni||2 1⁄2 Ounce (2/3 Cup)|
|Provolone cheese||4 Ounce, cubed to make 1 cup|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 , cut into wedges|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4018 Calories from Fat 2224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 249 g383.8%
Saturated Fat 80.9 g404.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 935.4 mg
Sodium 4932.3 mg205.5%
Total Carbohydrates 334 g111.3%
Dietary Fiber 23.4 g93.6%
Sugars 162.6 g
Protein 105 g210.5%
Vitamin A 105.5% Vitamin C 441%
Calcium 182% Iron 78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare pie crust according to package directions for filled one-crust pie using 9-inch pie pan.
2. (Refrigerate remaining crust for later use.) Heat oven to 425°F.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
4. Add frozen vegetables, onion, basil, paprika, salt, oregano and garlic; stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Place pepperoni in bottom of crust-lined pan.
7. Layer provolone cheese over pepperoni.
8. Spread cooked vegetable mixture over cheese.
9. In small bowl, combine half-and-half, dry mustard and eggs; mix well.
10. Pour over vegetable mixture.
11. Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of the Parmesan cheese over top.
12. Bake at 425°F. for 15 minutes.
13. Reduce heat to 350°F. and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and crust is golden brown.
14. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
15. Garnish with tomato wedges and remaining Parmesan cheese.