- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Pita Pizza Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Baby eggplant/Japanese eggplant||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced, pared|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Pita bread||1 Ounce, split in half horizontally and toasted (Small Sized)|
|Plum tomato||1 Small, sliced|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.7 mg
Sodium 434.7 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Take a small non stick skillet and heat some oil in it.
3. Add in pepper, onion, eggplant, garlic and stir cook for about 3 minutes until eggplant it light brown in color.
4. Take a baking sheet and arrrange pita halves on it.
5. Spoon the vegetable mixture over pita halves. Also add tomato slices, Italian seasoning and cheeses.
6. Broil for about 1 minute at 6 inches from the source of heat. Cheeses should melt.
7. Serve hot.