- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Noodle Side Dish Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli flowerets||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked crisp-tender|
|Freshly ground black pepper||3 Dash|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), freshly grated (plus 1 tablespoon)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Small|
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 153.8 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 12 g23.8%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 43.2%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
2. In a saucepan, heat olive oil and add broccoli; cook for just long enough to heat through.
3. Pour the broccoli over noodles and toss to coat well.
4. Season with pepper to taste and add 1/3-cup Parmesan cheese; toss to melt the cheese.
5. Place the noodles onto a large platter and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
6. Cut tomatoes crosswise into narrow slices and place around outer edge of the noodles.