- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Manchurian Recipe Video
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated (for the manchurian)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (for the manchurian)|
|Green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (for the manchurian)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (for the manchurian)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon (for the manchurian)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (for the manchurian)|
|Corn starch||3 Tablespoon (for the manchurian)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the manchurian)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soya sauce||3 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Sweet and sour sauce/Tomato ketchup||5 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Chili sauce||2 Teaspoon (for the gravy)|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste, for the gravy)|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Calories 1259 Calories from Fat 1017
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2280.2 mg95%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 132% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix grated cabbage and carrots and squeeze the water out from them.
2. In a bowl add the squeezed cabbage and carrots and mix corn starch, flour, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste and salt to taste to form fairly stiff dough.
3. Make small balls (like koftas) of the mixture.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai / wok and deep fry the balls till golden brown, drain and keep aside.
5. In a separate nonstick pan heat 2 tablespoon oil and sauté garlic, green chilies, crushed peanut and spring onions.
6. Add soya sauce, tomato ketchup or sweet and sour sauce, chili Sauce, garlic, ginger, cornsyrup and water and bring it to a boil.
7. If not having corn syrup, mix 1 tablespoon corn four with half of a cup of cold water and stir into it.
8. Gently add the fried balls to the gravy and cook the vegetable manchurian for 3-4 minutes.
9. Serve hot garnish with chopped coriander and green onion with fried rice.