- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Lentil Burgers Recipe
|Split red lentils||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Potato||7 Ounce, diced (200 Gram)|
|Carrot||3 Ounce, diced (75 Gram)|
|Courgette||2 Ounce, diced (50 Gram)|
|Spring onions||2 , finely-chopped|
|Tomato puree||4 Teaspoon|
|Wholemeal breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (Fresh, 50 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Wholemeal baps||4 (For Serving)|
|Lettuce leaves||1 (For Serving)|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced (For Serving)|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced (For Serving)|
|Fresh herbed fromage frais||4 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 167.1 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 22 g43.1%
Vitamin A 87.9% Vitamin C 43.5%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, place the lentils, potato and carrot with just enough cold water to cover. Let soak.
2) Preheat the grill moderately.
3) Boil the lentils and vegetables rapidly for 10 minutes, then cover and simmer over a moderate heat for 15 minutes.
4) Now add courgette and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
5) Drain everything well.
6) In a large bowl, place the lentil and vegetable mixture and using a potato masher or fork, mash the mixture until smooth.
7) Add the chopped spring onions, tomato puree, curry powder and breadcrumbs to the mashed mixture.
8) Season well with salt and pepper.
9) Allow the mixture to cool slightly, then divide into 4 and pat into burger shapes with your hands.
10) On a plate, place the patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the mixture to firm.
11) To cook, place the burgers under a preheated moderately hot grill for 10-15 minutes, turning over halfway through cooking.
12) Lightly toast the split baps and place burgers in them with the lettuce, tomato and onion slices, topped with a tablespoon of herbed fromage frais.
13) Serve the lentil burgers immediately with a variety of salads.