- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Lasagne Recipe
|Onions||1 Pound, sliced|
|Carrots||1 Pound, diced|
|Celery head||1 , chopped|
|Vegetable oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wholemeal flour||3 Ounce|
|Cheese||3⁄4 Pound, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5376 Calories from Fat 3045
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 345 g530.3%
Saturated Fat 150.8 g753.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 640.1 mg
Sodium 2947.4 mg122.8%
Total Carbohydrates 410 g136.8%
Dietary Fiber 51.9 g207.7%
Sugars 126.6 g
Protein 192 g383.6%
Vitamin A 1724.2% Vitamin C 218.3%
Calcium 397.9% Iron 97.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degree.
2) In the oil, saute the carrots, onions and celery for about 10 minutes.
3) Add the tomatoes and mushrooms together with the seasoning and herbs. Cook for 15 more minutes over medium flame.
4) Cook the lasagne by addint the pasta strips to a large pan of boiling water which is salted and cooking over low flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
5) In a pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Cook for 2 minutes and then stir in the milk. Heat till the mixture has thickened and then add the bay leaf. Cover the pan and allow mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
6) To the sauce, add half of the cheese and stir properly.
7) At the bottom of a large ovenproof dish, arrange a layer of the vegetable mix. Cover with a layer of the pasta and then add about 1/3rd of the cheese sauce. Repeat till 3 layers have been completely formed and put the remaining cheese all over the final layer.
8) Bake in oven for nearly 1 1/4 hours or till the top has turned golden and is bubbling.
9) Serve hot.