- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Cutlets (Masala Burger Patties) Recipe Video
|Carrot||1 Medium, steamed|
|Potato||1 Medium, steamed|
|Beetroot||1⁄2 Medium, steamed|
|Thick poha||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Soaked in water) (Optional)|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), steamed|
|Red chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Khas khas||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|For coating the patties|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.9 mg
Sodium 191.5 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 64.7% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Masher
1. Take a bowl and combine the steamed vegetables, thick poha and corn and with the help of a masher, mash all the ingredients well.
2. To the mashed vegetables, add the red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, cumin powder, garlic powder and khus khus.
3. Add the finely chopped onions, cilantro, curry leaves and a little bit of fresh lime juice.
4. Mix all the ingredients together firmly using your hands. Do not over mix to prevent water release from the vegetables.
5. Take small portions of the mixture and make patties and set aside. Meanwhile preheat the griddle.
6. In a bowl take a small amount of melted butter and milk and mix to form a mixture for coating the patties before frying them. In another bowl take some breadcrumbs.
7. Coat each patty in the butter and milk mixture and then with the breadcrumbs and place them on the heated griddle. Drizzle a little oil on the patties and flip sides till golden brown on both sides.
8. Serve the cutlets as it is with your choice of chutneys or as a sandwich with freshly cut vegetables of your choice.
If desired, you can also add the Indian garam masala and chaat masala to the mix.
Instead of the butter and milk mixture, a mixture with flour and water can be made. The patties can be coated in the flour and water mixture and then coated with sooji (semolina) as an alternate option and deep fried.