- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Curry Recipe
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||8 Ounce, chopped (225 Gram)|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Small garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Brussels sprouts||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Plain boiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mango chutney||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 535.6 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 227.5%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir in the curry powder and cook very gently for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
4. Gradually add the Marmite dissolved in the hot water, bring to the boil, stirring, and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the garlic if used, tomato puree and sugar. Remove pan from the heat.
6. Wash the cauliflower and divide into sprigs; prepare the sprouts and celery and cut into 2-cm 1-inch pieces.
7. Add the vegetables to the pan and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes, until just tender.
8. Cut the tomatoes into segments and add with seasoning to taste.
9. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
10. Serve with plain boiled rice accompanied by salted peanuts, banana, coconut and mango chutney.