- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Curry Recipe
|Turnips/Swede||8 Ounce, peeled (250 Gram)|
|Aubergines||1 , leaf end trimmed (Eggplant)|
|New potatoes||12 Ounce, scrubbed (350 Gram)|
|Cauliflower||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, peeled (250 Gram)|
|Vegetable ghee/Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ginger root||2 Inch, finely chopped|
|Fresh green chili||2 , seeded and chopped|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Mild curry powder/Curry paste||1 Tablespoon (Or Medium)|
|Vegetable stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter, 1 3/4 Cups)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded and sliced|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon (Cornstarch)|
|Coconut milk||3⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Ground almonds||3 Tablespoon|
|Coriander sprigs||1 (Fresh, For Garnish, Cilantro)|
Calories 672 Calories from Fat 412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 39.2 g196.2%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 744.1 mg31%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g77%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 248.9% Vitamin C 190.9%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 37.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cube the turnips, aubergine and potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Break the cauliflower into small florets and slice the onion and carrots.
2) In a large saucepan, gently saute the turnip, potato, cauliflower and onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in the garlic, ginger, chillies, paprika, curry powder or paste and ground coriander, then cook for further 1 minute.
4) Stir in the stock, tomatoes, aubergine, mushrooms and salt. Then simmer covered for 30 minutes or until tender.
5) Stir in the the pepper and carrots, cook covered for a further 5 minutes.
6) Mix the cornflour with the coconut milk and stir into the mixture.
7) Stir in the ground almonds and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
8) Spoon into the serving plates, garnish with the fresh coriander sprigs and serve immediately.