- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Crouton Toss Recipe
|Canned cut green beans||32 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 16-Ounce Each)|
|Canned sliced carrots||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned peas||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Parmesan croutons||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1624 Calories from Fat 533
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3546.6 mg147.8%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.3%
Dietary Fiber 52.4 g209.4%
Sugars 127.9 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine beans, carrots, corn, peas, and onion.
2) In a screw-top jar blend sugar, oil, vinegar, salt, basil, and pepper, cover and shake thoroughly.
3) Sprinkle the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
4) Refrigerate overnight and drain.
5) In a large skillet, melt butter, stir in onion salt, and add toasted corn with grated Parmesan cheese.
6) Add the Parmesan Croutons in the salad, heat, and stir for 5 minutes or until coated well.
7) Spread on paper towel and let it cool.
8) Chech seasoning and serve.