- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Cheddar Chowder Recipe
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||4 , cubed|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped bell peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry butter substitute granules||2 Ounce|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fat free cheddar cheese||10 Ounce, grated|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1429 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 0.52 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg2.8%
Sodium 3323.8 mg138.5%
Total Carbohydrates 253 g84.5%
Dietary Fiber 27.5 g110%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 98 g195.4%
Vitamin A 550.7% Vitamin C 534.6%
Calcium 28.3% Iron 56.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven, add water and bouillon cubes and allow to boil.
2) Add in the vegetables and cover and simmer for 15 minutes, till the vegetables are tender.
3) Blend in the flour and milk in large canning jar and place the lid.
4) Shake till the flour and milk are well mixed.
5) Pour the flour mix into the vegetable mixture.
6) Allow to simmer over low heat till the cheese melts.
7) Garnish with grated cheese and serve.