- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Cake Recipe
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hot water||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 Heaped Teaspoon)|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Beets||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5304 Calories from Fat 2881
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 322 g494.7%
Saturated Fat 50.1 g250.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 3847.8 mg160.3%
Total Carbohydrates 550 g183.4%
Dietary Fiber 27 g108.1%
Sugars 322.7 g
Protein 79 g157.9%
Vitamin A 443.5% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 136.2% Iron 98.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease and flour two small pans. Alternatively, you can use one 8 X 12" or one 10 X 13" baking pan.
3) Beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
4) In a large bowl, mix together oil, sugar, water and vanilla.
5) Sieve together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry into the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
6) Fold in the nuts, carrots and beets gently into the batter until well incorporated.
7) Lastly, fold in the egg whites without disturbing the batter too much.
8) Pour the cake batter into the baking pans and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
9) Serve the Vegetable Cake, garnished with a dusting of icing sugar.