- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Bulgur Medley Recipe
|Sliced shiitake mushrooms/Sliced white mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), thoroughly washed, chopped (Use White Portion And Some Green)|
|Chopped leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs), thoroughly washed (White Portion And Some Green)|
|Seeded minced chili peppers||1 Tablespoon (Hot / Mild)|
|Hot chili pepper/Mild chili pepper||1 Tablespoon, seeded and minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Bulgur||1⁄4 Pound, uncooked (Cracked Wheat)|
|Cracked wheat||1⁄4 Pound, uncooked (Or Bulgur)|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Large, blanched, peeled, seeded, and cut into strips|
|Plum tomatoes||2 Large, blanched, peeled, seeded and cut into strips|
|Walnuts||1 Ounce, toasted and chopped|
|Chopped fresh cilantro/Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Teaspoon (Chinese Parsley)|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley/Chopped fresh cilantro, chinese parsley||1 Teaspoon (Or Italian Variety)|
|Mexican seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon (No Sugar Added)|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 35.8 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.8%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 54.2% Vitamin C 49.9%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 1-quart casserole, put together mushrooms, leeks, pepper, garlic, and oil; mix well.
2. Cover the casserole and cook on High for 3 minutes until the mushrooms soften; stir once in between cooking.
3. Stir in 1 cup of water and bulgur; cover and cook again on High for 4 minutes; stir once in between cooking.
4. Stir in rest of the ingredients.
5. Let it stand covered for 5 minutes.
6. Serve immediately.