- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Broth Recipe Video
|Onions/Null||2 Large, diced (Null)|
|Carrots/Null||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (Null)|
|Celery/Null||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped (Null)|
|Fresh parsley/Null||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Null)|
|Garlic/Null||7 Clove (35 gm) (Null)|
|Thyme/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Bay leaves/Null||6 (Null)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 459.6 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.3%
Dietary Fiber 31.4 g125.7%
Sugars 44.2 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 1081.6% Vitamin C 439.1%
Calcium 69.7% Iron 95.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat olive oil in deep pan over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onions and let it sizzle.
3. Turn heat up a tad and add smashed/crushed garlic cloves.
4. Add all other ingredients.
5. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Add 24 cups water and bring to boil.
7. Lower heat, cover and let simmer for 1hr to 1 1/2 hrs
8. Cool in ice bath.
9. Strain with cheese cloth and colander.
10. Serve Hot.