- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe Video
|Beef chuck roast||2 1⁄4 Pound, roasted, cut into pieces|
|Sweet corn||12 Ounce|
|Green bean||12 Ounce, chopped|
|Carrot||3 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Onion||1 , rough chop|
|Potato||3 , peeled and cubed|
|V8 juice||1 Carton (1 l)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 110.8 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 32 g63.2%
Vitamin A 106.5% Vitamin C 84.4%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop up all the vegetables and season the cut meat with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil and saute the meat for 3 minutes until brown so that the salt and pepper caramelize and the meat is well flavored.
3. Line the crock pot with slow cooker liner and in a crock pot, gather all the cubed and cut vegetables and half cooked beef and mix well.
4. Add V8 juice to beef and vegetables and give it a quick stir. Set the crock pot for 5 hours on high.
5. Check for the seasoning after 2-3 hours.
6. Serve hot with your favorite accompaniments and enjoy!