- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable, Bean, and Noodle Bake Recipe
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Celery head||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Soybeans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, liquid drained and 3 cups reserved|
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|Potato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Tomato||1 , chopped|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat noodles||6 Ounce, cooked|
|Tomatoes||3 , sliced|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 547.5 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g65.8%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 30 g59.7%
Vitamin A 134% Vitamin C 61.4%
Calcium 20% Iron 57.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
3. In a pan heat oil and saute onion and celery until soft.
4. Stir in flour and continue stirring over medium heat until bubbly.
5. Slowly add soybean liquid, stirring constantly.
6. Reduce heat to low and add next 9 ingredients.
7. Bring to a boil to thicken, stirring constantly and remove from heat.
8. In the greased baking dish alternate layers of beans and noodles, pouring some of the vegetable sauce over each layer.
9. Arrange tomato slices over top of casserole, sprinkle with parsley and dot with butter.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
11. Serve the casserole hot straight from the oven.