- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable Avocado Salad with Paprika Dressing Recipe
|For paprika mayonnaise dressing|
|Smoked paprika||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (of 2 grilled lemons)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Carrots||3 , thinly sliced|
|Radishes||3 Bunch (300 gm), sliced|
|Cucumbers||4 , peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg
Sodium 50.1 mg2.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 53.6% Vitamin C 29.5%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Making the Paprika Mayonnaise Dressing :
1. In a bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sherry vinegar and lemon juice and then whisk in the olive oil.
2. Season with salt and a generous amount of pepper and mix smoked paprika.
Making the Salad:
3. Over onions pour boiling water and let it stand for 5 minutes.
4. Drain, cover with vinegar, season with salt and pepper and chill for several hours.
5. In ice water crisp carrots, radishes and cucumbers.
6. Peel and slice avocados and dip into lemon juice.
7. Cover large platter with salad greens just before serving.
8. Draining vegetables and avocado arrange on greens.
9. Serve with Paprika Mayonnaise Dressing.