- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable and Tofu Lasagne Recipe
|Whole wheat lasagna noodles||4 Ounce (About 6 Noodles)|
|Medium zucchini||18 Ounce, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices (3 Pieces, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Plus More For Baking Dish)|
|Sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce (2 Cup)|
|Low carb garlic tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soft tofu||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen spinach leaves||10 Ounce, thawed and squeezed dry (1 Box)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Pound, grated to make 4 cups|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3242 Calories from Fat 1748
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 198 g304.5%
Saturated Fat 90.1 g450.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 679.6 mg
Sodium 7913.5 mg329.7%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.5%
Dietary Fiber 48.1 g192.3%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 215 g429.2%
Vitamin A 792.8% Vitamin C 201.4%
Calcium 428.2% Iron 98.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 6 minutes; add zucchini and cook until noodles are al dente and zucchini is soft, about 4 minutes longer. Drain. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat.
4. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process tofu, spinach, egg, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan, and 14 teaspoon salt.
5. Arrange one-third of noodles and zucchini in an even layer in baking dish. Top with half of the tofu mixture, spreading in an even layer. Add one-third of mozzarella and one-third of tomato sauce. Arrange another one-third noodles and zucchini in a single layer over sauce. Spread with remaining tofu mixture and another one-third each of sauce and mozzarella. Finish with remaining noodles and zucchini, sauce, and mozzarella. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.