- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetable and Fish Terrine Recipe
|Whiting||12 Ounce, skinned, boned|
|Salmon||12 Ounce, skinned, boned|
|Double cream||3⁄4 Pint, chilled (450 Milliliter)|
|Thin french beans||6 , long cooked|
|Carrot||6 Large, long cooked|
|Fish stock||1⁄2 Pint, made (300 Milliliter, Made From The Bones, Heads, Skin, Etc)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, chilled and cut into chunks (100 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 751 Calories from Fat 540
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g93%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g64%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.1 mg
Sodium 368.7 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 34 g67.7%
Vitamin A 301.9% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large food processor, tip in the whiting and the salmon
2. Run the food processor twice or mince the fish twice
3. Rub the minced fish through a hair sieve to get an absolutely smooth fish’
4. Add the egg whites to the mixture
5. Chill this mix and then add in the cream by hand
6. Do not mix over-vigorously as the mix should be a sloppy just mixed mess.
7. Season this with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg
8. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 5
9. Prepare a loaf tin by lining it with buttered foil paper
10. Tip in one-third of the mixture into the tin
11. Arrange a layer of cooked carrots on top of the mixture
12. On top of the carrots, place one layer of beans
13. The beans should be placed end to end and slightly apart from each other all down the tin
14. Add more filling and then two more layers of vegetables
15. Smooth down the filling
16. Cover the tin with the buttered foil paper
17. Stand the tin in a roasting tin of boiling water and cook gently, with the water barely simmering, in the oven at 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 5 to 40-50 minutes or until the terrine is set.
18. Allow to cool completely then refrigerate.
19. Prepare the sauce by melting 15 g / 1/2 oz of the butter
20. Add the flour to the butter and then add the stock.
21. Stir until boiling.
22. Keep this sauce till its boiling and at the same time, beat in the chilled butter over a moderate heat, one piece at a time.
23. Add seasoning and a little lemon juice, and finally the cream.
24. Set the sauce aside
25. Just before serving, slice the terrine and warm gently, covered in poly wrap in a microwave oven, or covered with foil in a cool oven (140° C / 275° F / Gas Mark 1).
26. To serve, place a slice of terrine on a warm plate and then pour the sauce around the sliced terrine.