- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Veganizing Part 1 (Vegan Lettuce Wraps): Vegan Cooking For Carnivores Recipe Video
|Iceberg lettuce head||1|
|Marinated tofu||1 Pound, cut into small squares|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, choppped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Asian chili pepper sauce||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, rinsed, drained, chopped|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.45 mg
Sodium 767.5 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil (1 tablespoon). Add tofu, cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
2. In the same skillet, heat oil (1 tablespoon), add onions, cook stirring occasionally until the onions turn translucent.
3. Add garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, and chile pepper sauce, stir to mix. Stir in the water chestnuts, green onions, and sesame oil, and continue cooking until the onions just begin to wilt.
4. Add in the tofu and mix. Remove from heat.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves around the edges of a large serving dish, and place tofu mixture in the center.
6. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the mixture on to a lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce
around the mixture like a burrito.